Pranayama, which literally means “to extend the vital life force,” or prana, is an incredibly rich practice made up of many breathing techniques that vary in complexity from ones simple enough for a child to do to those appropriate only for advanced practitioners. This short 5 day challenge has been designed to share with you some tools that can be used at any time to transform not only your breath but also your state of mind.
What is Pranayama?
This challenge is designed to serve as an introduction to 6 simple breathing techniques designed to help you find moments of stillness, calmness, peace and balance whenever you may need them. Each day you will be introduced to a new technique, and will receive information about the benefits of the practice. You will then spend 5-9 minutes practicing the technique of the day, and journaling afterwards to explore how each practice made you feel in your mind and body.
Breath, life and energy are intrinsically linked and yogis have a single word for it – prana.
“Prana” translates as “energy” or “life force”, while “ayama” means “restraint” or “control”.
There are a number of different breathing techniques known as Pranayama, which can help us to seamlessly (with practice) move between the different parts of our Nervous System.
What is included?
- A Welcome to Pranayama section, which includes a Breath Awareness Video to enjoy
- 5 Days of Pranayama Videos to pratice – every day a new technique
- Journaling prompts for each technique
- A bonus Pranayama Video to enjoy!
- The opportunity to return to the content of the challenge as many times as you want, with access available at any time :)